Monday, July 14, 2008

Random Funness

The next weekend Emma, Joanne’s roommate from Mercer, came to visit. She was studying at Oxford for the semester. Since my roommate had gone she ended up staying with me. She barely spoke a word of Spanish, so Joanne and I had fun translating for her and Magdalena, it made us feel like we could actually speak Spanish! [Side note: NO, I am not fluent yet, so please don’t ask me if I am! :( It would probably take a good year and not being around Americans so much to get to that point.] It was funny though because I would hear Magdalena say something like, “Have you slept well?” while Emma passed through the living room and she would be clueless so I would yell the translation from my room and Magdalena would always laugh. It was cool to have a little Mercer reunion!

The next weekend a couple girls and I went with my intercambio, Cristina, her boyfriend, and another girl from her English class, Encarni, to this festival. It was funny because it was basically like a hippie festival. It was cool though…there were a lot of little booths with homemade stuff and all natural food, which I’m always a fan of! We also went to this massage thing (was actually their idea to go, I am too ticklish for most massages!) which ended up being a massage class. Let’s just say it was very interesting! (And by interesting I mean a new experience that I hope to never repeat! Hehe If you really wanna know you can ask….) All in all it was super fun just to hang out with Spanish friends! :)

That Saturday three other girls and me took a day trip to the nearby town of Ronda. It is a beautiful little community seated right on top of a breathtaking gorge. The pictures don’t do it justice but here are some anyway:

We hiked down to the bottom of the gorge and were able to see it from below as well! We also found this deserted building (above is the areal view of it) and went down in it’s basement, it was like in suspense movies or something hehe. We packed a lot in so it was an exhausting but fun day!

No comments: