Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hay mucho que decir....

Hi everyone! Sorry it has been forever since I updated, I know you have been on the edge of your seat this whole time hehe. I have been super busy so this is the first time I have gotten a chance!

So I like my new classes. I have an advanced grammar class with only five people in it, including myself (yes mom I told you three but two more people joined). I love it because we all have lots of time to talk and I feel comfortable asking any questions I need to ask. Especially because the class is really directed towards whatever we need to go over -- the first day she told us to tell her what grammar topics we need to work on and that's what we would do! I love it because I am a nerd when it comes to Spanish grammar (not english grammar, only spanish). I guess it's because I am perfectionist and if I am going to speak I want to do it right!

Speaking of grammar, my intercambio told me today that she is a grammar expert (her parents are professors) so that should help a lot too! For those of you who do not know, an intercambio is a spanish person learning english who you get paired up with to practice together. I was disappointed at first because i signed up for one but didn't get one for like the first three or four weeks. I told God that i really wanted one, and one that would actually be helpful and willing to meet (sometimes they don't work out) because I need to be around Spanish people if I want to learn the language! He is so incredibly faithful. He knew that I didn't have time to spend with one earlier and brought her at exactly the right time. Her name is Cristina and she is 27. She is actually from Cadiz, a beach city not too far from here, and she is here working and looking for a full time job and taking English classes at the center with my program. She is wonderful! Her class meets in the morning and it has a thirty minute break everyday and after the first day we met she said I could come have breakfast with her basically her whole class during their break if I wanted. She said "If you aren't embarrassed..." I said I was a little but I would get over it. So I went! Everyone was really nice. I mostly just get to talk to Cristina though which is good. I go with them like every other morning now and get to talk to her and some of the others. I brought some other American students today, it was fun! She also wanted to bring each other lists of spanish and english phrases and talk over them together which we have been doing as well in the mornings or when we meet for longer periods, which is very very helpful! So yet again, as Ephesians 3 says, He did abundantly more than I imagined!! ok the center is closing now and i still have like a novel to write to be on the look out for the next post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for the positive experince with your intercambio!

:) mom

Cheryl said...

im glad that you got a good intercambio! i know how much it means to you because i had an excellent intercambio (of course, it's you :D ) btw, i love learning grammar, too!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself and that everything is working out so well :D

Christine